If it’s time for a living room windows replacement and you are not sure what type of windows you need, you should consider bay and bow windows. By opting for such an impressive windows replacement, you will make a dramatic change to the room and enjoy all of these great benefits.
Differences between bay and bow windows
Before you can choose between bay and bow windows, it’s important to understand the differences between these two types of windows. They look very similar but there are a number of distinct differences. These differences include:
- Bay windows have three openings while bow windows have for or five.
- Bay windows consist of a picture window with two smaller windows on either side while bow windows are curved to create a rounded effect with multiple conjoined panels.
- Bay windows usually have a narrower appearance so if your home is longer in appearance, this living room windows replacement option is ideal.
- You can install bow windows around a corner in your home.
- According to interior designers, bay windows suit modern themes best while bow windows are suited for older style homes.
Whether you end up choosing bay or bow windows replacement for your home, you can expect to enjoy these great benefits:
- Natural light: Both of these types of windows are larger than other designs and they consist of multiple window panels. This means that they will allow even more light inside your home. More natural light means that you will not need to use artificial light as often.
- Add space: Bay and bow windows can help you create a more spacious environment. Since these windows protrude outwards from the main structure of your home, you have an extra nook that you can use in so many different ways. Some examples include a spot to catch up on some reading, the perfect place for your piano or even a safe location to grow potted plants.
- Add value: When you opt for the right windows replacement, you can add value to your home. Properly insulated windows help keep energy bills down and these large windows will make your home instantly more appealing to potential buyers.
With all of these benefits in mind, it’s no wonder so many homeowners are eager to install bow and bay windows in their homes. That said, this kind of living room windows replacement should always be properly planned. Your bay or bow window will require more space than a regular window and you need to be sure that there are no structural issues preventing the installation. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you contact our team for a free in-home estimate. Contact us at (204) 272-3725 (Winnipeg) or (905) 326-3444 (Toronto) to schedule your free quote on a windows replacement by our expert team. During our visit, feel free to ask any questions you have. We are always happy to provide our customers with any details they need in order to make an informed decision.