Browse through our blog postings below to learn more!
If you have any further questions, contact NorthShield directly to speak to a knowledgeable professional!
At NorthShield Windows and Doors, we certainly know a thing or two about window blinds. There are a number of different possibilities for window treatments. Figuring out what you want in this arena really just comes down to defining your needs. This is something that can be broken down into a few key categories. Understanding these categories in full will make it a lot easier to find a product that gives you the many benefits of window treatments.
Window Treatments – Key Considerations
Most of the things to consider with new window treatments are things that will likely occur to you anyway. So think of this list as a primer that will get you to what you want that much faster:
• Controlling light: Obviously, one of the biggest things to think about with window treatments is the capacity to control light. You have beautiful windows that give you great natural light benefits. Make sure your window treatments will let you enjoy that.
• Increasing insulation: When it comes to saving on your monthly energy costs, no one is going to dispute the fact that insulation is crucial. There are a lot of different ways to insulate your home and save money. This is a simple, affordable way to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
• Visual impression: At the same time, you also want something that will match up to your sense of style. Your window treatment should be packed with short-term and long-term benefits. You also deserve to have something that will help to make just the right impression on friends, family, and visitors alike.
• Costs: It stands to reason that you want something that’s also budget friendly. There are a number of different options for window blinds. In fact, there are so many different ideas out there, we can almost guarantee that you will find something that matches up to how much you want to spend.
• Window shape: This is also a very important thing that you should keep in mind. Efficiency is important with window blinds, and that hangs on making sure your replacement window blinds work well with the shape of your current windows.
Different Types of Window Blinds
There are a lot of different types of window treatments out there. Blinds typically refer to anything that has been constructed from vanes or slats. You can control them with a wand, a pulling cord, or even with a remote control. There are even options that can be controlled with an app on your smartphone! Three standard sizes pretty much rule the landscape of possibility. You have half-inch slats, one inch, or two inch slats. The one-inch slats tend to be the most popular, but the choice will ultimately come down to your needs and tastes. All of the different sizes of slats come with benefits that are worth considering.
Window blinds can be made from a range of materials. Wooden blinds, or even faux wooden blinds, are great for anyone who wants to bring a soft-spoken atmosphere to their space. Wood tends can be pretty expensive, which is why faux wooden blinds have become quite popular. The faux option also tends to come with a longer lifespan, and it’s certainly the better option in terms of day-to-day maintenance.
Neutral colors can be great for those who want a timeless approach. Vertical blinds have also become extremely popular, in terms of what they give you in the way of privacy. There are also a lot of different materials to choose from, including the very-popular sheer fabrics. With vertical blinds, you have something that is ideal for wide window expanses.
Ask the Window Treatment Professionals
At NorthShield Windows and Doors, we can show you just how impressive the possibilities can be with window treatments. We can take you through every option, and we can show you the pros and cons of everything you might consider. No matter what your needs, you can count on our window treatment experts at NorthShield to help you find your match.
Here is a quick overview of the different window treatment types that are available to you:
• Honeycomb shades
• Exterior shades
• Wooden blinds
• Faux wooden blinds
• Pleated shades
• Roman shades
• Aluminum blinds
• Roller shades
• Woven wooden shades.